Friday, July 02, 2010

Nothing to look forward to

I'm not known to back down from a challenge. Although things may seem difficult in the beggining I can convince myself to persevere as I eagerly await that feeling of accomplishment when something that seems impossible suddenly becomes second nature. This happens often in tennis as I master one technique and progress to something new. It is the same thing with piano or singing, both of which are filled with the highs of accomplishment and the lows of the seeminlgy impossible. What makes certain challenges worth persevering at is when the next level is so different from the previous one that you're adding more knowledge and experience to your repertoire.

I try to take the same never-give-up approach to working out however I just can't find the same satisfaction. When ten push ups seem impossible and then one day becomes easy, more reps are added. When running 5 km's isn't challenging anymore, more distance is added. Sit ups, pulls ups, etc.... it's all the same. It has become quite boring doing the same thing, or slight varieties that aren't really different enough to be intersting. I am not about to quit because there is a nice sense of accomplishment when you notice muscles you haven't seen before or your pants fit looser. Thankfully, a kick ass playlist on a portable mp3 player keeps me going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home