Friday, March 19, 2010

No pun intended

After three months without tennis lessons and a severe decline in the number of hours spent on the court, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things (no pun intended). My 'return' to tennis has been interesting because my game has actually improved tremendously even though I was hardly playing. Even my instructor is shocked and revealed that he thought my technique would actually decline during my hiatus. It's a mystery, but a wonderful one at that.

I am plagued with injuries these days and my evening routine now consists of me lying still for 25 minutes with ice packs scattered across my body. It's times like these that I am glad I live 'alone' and there is no one around to witness such strange affairs. Rogue seems very understanding and supportive and enjoys this time when she just curls up beside me and we chill together (again, no pun intended).

I have decided to leave my racquet and ice packs at home while I'm in San Francisco. I am also leaving my work out clothes behind. What my body needs right now is to recover and stretch. I am looking forward to quiet mornings of slowly sipping coffee and a relaxing yoga stretch instead of the usual routine of running around and getting pulled in all directions (no pun intended).

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

yes, you need to heal. That can't be good to have your body all hurting after playing. Are you pushing yourself too hard by trying to play through an injury rather than let it heal? Rest and relax in San Fran and have lots of fun!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home