Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Malaysia night

I've been feeling nostalgic lately and thinking a lot about my younger years growing up in Malaysia. So I decided to channel my energy into cooking up a Malaysian feast. The menu was lamb khurma, chicken satay with peanut sauce, dhal, and fresh roti channai. It was quite the feat trying to get all the right spices to try and make everything as authentic as possible. Galangal, blachan, and candlenut aren't common in big supermarket chains and so I ventured to the local sri lankan food market down the street and managed to find almost everything. Whatever I couldn't find I was able to get from invading my mom's pantry. Thankfully she had the foresight to stock up during her last visit to the northeast sector of the city where most of the international grocers can be found.

I have photographed the cooking process and subsequent devouring of food and uploaded the pictures onto facebook. Check them out, http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199938&id=713745589&l=7ad4151de1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home