Saturday, January 16, 2010

Overwhelmingly underwhlemed

I couldn't get through a full work week after two weeks holiday and so I took Thursday off and went to Fiddler on the Roof. It was simple and cute and made me laugh. For $67 I got to sit third row from the stage, which beats paying $90 for crapppy second balcony seats if I went to the evening or weekend matinee performances. $90! What the what? That's crazy expensive and over priced for a show that's probably worth $50. Good seats, quaint show, afternoon off work, I can't compain, but I'm going to...

The 2009/2010 theatre season has been a little underwhleming so far. I haven't seen anything that's been been worth raving about. I'm looking forward to seeing Kawasaki Exit this week for a little twisted entertainment. It is One Yellow Rabbit's latest creation and they are usually a good bet if you're looking for something that's more creative than the status quo. It's nice to still have a less expensive option in Calgary because it seems like everyone else keeps increasing their prices but reducing the quality of their shows. Hopefully ATP's Play Rites has something worth seeing because it's getting harder to justify spending all this money for average entertainment. If I have a next life then wouldn't it be great to be a playwright and create the types of shows I expect from everyone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I have a new play for us to see. Ground Zero's The First Time. If Billy Twinkle doesn't work out, then this will be the next attempt to salvage the season. :)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home