Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mmmm artificial flavour

The last of the homemade yogourt got eaten this morning and because of a lack of planning on my part I had to buy yogourt from the grocery store. After reading the labels from the different brands I concluded they all sucked and just grabbed whatever was affordable.

Store bought yogourt ingredients: milk ingredients, peach base (sugar, peaches, water, modified corn starch, natural and artificial flavour, potassium sorbate, colour [contains tartrazine]), water, modified corn starch, modified milk ingredients, gelatin, carrageenan, active bacterial cultures

Homemade yogourt ingredients: milk, active bacterial cultures, fresh fruit (optional)

I'm doing more foods from scratch these days beacause it's shocking what's out there. I was honestly surprised (and disgusted) by the ingredients in the yogourt that I purchased. I expect the foods in the aisles to be riddled with garbage, but in the peripheral I was hoping these more natural foods would remain untainted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home