Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ho, hoe, ho'?

The christmas season's here and everywhere I look someone's trying to get money out of me. Only human beings could turn something that originated to spread peace and love and turn it into a greedy capitalist extravaganza. I'd cry because it's so horrible but I can't help but laugh at the traffic jams entering and exiting the mall and all the poor suckers who can't control themselves.

I'm absolutely delighted that everyone knows not to buy me anything and they also don't expect anything from me simply because of a Christmas obligation. I am more of the mind set that gifts should be given or recieved at any given moment. When you happen upon something someone would appreciate or feel someone deserves something nice. Isolating gift giving to certain days forces us to search for some useless token for someone that often times ends up in a closet and then in the garbage during the next big house cleaning.

I do however like Christmas because of the opportunity to socialize with friends at the various parties being hosted. Ever since everyone entered family-dom there isn't much opporunity for that. It started with Thursday's hot pot get together and continued with Shann and Mikos housewarming/x-mas party on Saturday night where everyone laughed until 3:00 am. Christmas eve comes with an invite to celebrate with cocktails at Emily and Alex's. And to top things off, Christmas day is the Forrest family's annual Christmas brunch which often turns into a full day of eating, drinking and being merry. A fabulous feast of socializing before everyone gets absorbed into everyday life and we don't see each other for another few weeks. Which is just enough time for my body to recover from holiday season glutony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home